Do you like to pretend? What do you pretend? When, where, how, and with who? Do you use props (costumes, etc.), or just imagination? Do you ever feel pressured to stop pretending? Share your make-believe adventures!
Some of my favorite memories from when I was younger involved:
- Running a bird flight school
- Fighting crime in my secret identity of Maya the superhero, battling my arch-nemesis Annie (my sister's secret identity)
- Transforming into a fairy
- Protecting my youngest sister from the Monsters (aka my other sisters xD) who regularly tried to kidnap her
- Becoming my favorite fictional characters
- Communing with my wood nymph friends
- Working as a Season Sorceress, responsible for magically controlling weather all around the world
- ... and much, much more
Yes, I lived an extremely busy life. xD Sadly, nowadays I don't pretend quite as much as I used to, but I still love doing it from time to time! There's nothing quite like pretend games/playing make-believe—you can be anything or anyone or anywhere or anytime you want. Personally, I find that pretty amazing.
Bonus: Below, check out an excerpt from NMG's November/December 2011 "The Power of Pretend" issue below, in which then-girls responded to a survey to share their stories about pretending! Can you relate to some of these answers? Or are your make-believe experiences different?