There are some Mafia boards elsewhere, but they're inactive, so I created a new one.
Welcome to Mafia. If you're unfamiliar with the game, here's a brief explanation:
There are a group of people. In this group there are innocent people, the doctor, the detective, and the mafia, plus the Storyteller. No one knows who the doctor, the detective, or the mafia is. They have to be kept secret.
The roles work as follows:
The Doctor: Tries to save the person the Mafia kilt (to quote Avery). Will PM me with the person they want to save.
The Detective: Tries to guess who the Mafia is. Will PM me with the person they think is the Mafia.
The Mafia: Tries to 'kill' people. Will PM me with the person they want to 'kill'.
The Storyteller: Narrates the whole thing.
The game will go as follows: Once we're closed for the game, The Storyteller (myself) will post 'Townspeople go to sleep." Then I will PM 3 people. One will be PMed the role of the mafia, one will be PMed the role of the doctor, and one will be PMed the role of the detective. I'll try to change the roles each round, but it depends on who joins. The object of the game is to find the mafia before she 'kills' too many people.
- If you're playing, you might get 'killed'. Please don't get upset if this happens. This is something to expect. And you can always join in again in the next round!
- Try to keep your role a secret, if you have one.
- If you want to join as yourself, you can, but you can also join as a fictional character. If you want to join as a character, just join with a name.
- After each round, we'll start again.
- If the detective dies, we'll be without one. Same with the doctor.
- The doctor is allowed to save herself.