Hi my name is Zoe and I have dyslexia. this means that I am not as good as at Reading Writing spelling memorization math facts. and I also have ADHD which means I'm not very good at focusing in very loud environments and on things I don't like. but I am low on the spectrum of ADHD then dyslexia I'm very high on the spectrum of dyslexia. so I have severe dyslexia but not ADHD. I love New Moon girls but it is very text heavy which can be hard for me. so I wanted to start a discussion to see if there's any other girls who have similar problems with this site. I have a feature on my tablet that it will read to me but it will not read this site to me it says it is busy. these are some ways we can help:
- in role-plays if someone asks to catch them up catch them up and don't say read it maybe they can't and if you leading a role-play or discussion add little ketchups in your description every few pages it's a lot easier to read a paraphrase thing
- do not insist on proper spelling or grammar that can be very difficult for some people
- be kind if someone don't perfectly get what's going on just fill them in and be nice
if you have any more ideas on ways people can help please tell me and I will include them. so I want this to be a conversation I want people to ask questions and talk about it. I haven't found any other discussions about these topics.
And ways New Moon girls staff can help:
- work on it audio programs for this site like if it could read parts of the site to you like stories role-plays things like that I've no idea how possible this is. so if this is not possible no problem just wanted to get it out there.
- Adding a text that is easier to read
and some of these things can help blind people with the site to
I have figured out that I can use voiceover to read stuff to me.
I'm sorry if there's any misspelling and bad grammar bad punctuation Etc.