Are you stressed? Bored? Worried? Antsy? Wishing you could visit your friends and relatives, go back to school, or carry out the plans you made for this spring? Wishing COVID-19 would just go away and never come back?
Join the crowd.
None of us (unless we’re over 102 years old) have ever experienced a pandemic like this before. None of us have been stuck at home under circumstances like these. We’re stressed, we’re scared, we’re lonely, maybe we’re a little grumpy. What to do?
Of course, we’re all coming here with our stress, boredom, worries, loneliness, cabin fever, and more. The moderators, Sister to Sister mentors, and NMG staff recognize that. (And we’re also stressed, worried and antsy.)
So, on behalf of everyone here… thank you for being here to support one another, have fun, and ride out the storms together.
And, also on behalf of everyone here… we ask you a favor.
Before any of us post, let’s take a deep breath. Then another one.
That moment gives us time (and calm) to reread and reflect before clicking that “Reply” button—and especially at times like these, when many feelings are running high.
- Does it communicate respect… even if (especially if!) we’re disagreeing with someone?
- Does it include other members, even if (especially if!) they might be different in age, beliefs, experiences, etc.?
- Does it uphold the Member Rules & Responsibilities that we all agree to follow… and that help make sure NMG stays safe, supportive, and fun for all members?
- Am I communicating respect, inclusion, and compassion?
- We can’t control everything that’s happening around us, but we are in charge of when, what, and how we post online.
Thank you all for being part of our community—we appreciate you!